Legendary Rhythm & Blues Cruise

Legendary Rhythm & Blues Cruise
We are sailing on the October Blues Cruise!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Counting the Days to the Legendary Rhythm & Blues Cruise sets sail for Mexico

Only 18 days til we board the ship (if I counted on my fingers correctly).  "We" means Nancy Edwards (that's me, the Marketing Director) my SO (significant other...in cyber speak) Gordon Bulcock...he's Editor of the weekly E-Guide, and Kaati the Owner/Publisher/President and sometimes boss over RBA Publishing, umbrella company to The Blues Festival Guide and The Reggae Festival Guide.  Gordon, Kaati and I have cruised on the Legendary Rhythm & Blues Cruise 3 times previously.  And you betcha....we are back for more.  The highlight of my adult life. 


Joining us will be Kaati's new SO, Mike.  I've never met Mike before....but if he's okay with her...I'm sure he'll be okay with me.  This will be Mike's first LRBC.  I'm jealous...I remember my first time......it was magical.  Not that each cruise subsequently hasn't been wonderful...but seriously, your first time is always special...is it not?






It will probably be hot in Mexico, so we are shopping the "end of summer" sales for new clothes.  Plus we are listening to CDs from the artists we'll see and meet on the cruise.  I want to be able to sing-along; or at the very least know the name of the songs so I can tell the artists when I meet them, which songs are my favorites and ask them to be sure and play them for me.


That's one of the things that makes these cruises so special.  They say everyone has a back-stage pass.  And it's true.  You look up and surprise....it's Marcia Ball, or Debbie Davies, or Derek Trucks in-line next to you at the lunch buffet.  So I gotta be ready!


Or even better...in the past we've had stars like Lil Ed, or David Maxwell have their cabin right next to ours.  Image getting a knock at your cabin door and it's piano virtuoso David Maxwell wondering if he can borrow a wine opener.   That's priceless!  


So we are ready with a good camera this year, and will be posting photos from each day's adventures.   Check back each day.  Here's our itinerary:



10/17: San Diego, depart 5pm (Hometown Blues)
10/18: Bluesin’ At Sea (Soul Blues)
10/19: Cab San Lucas, 10am~6pm (Legendary Gear)
10/20: Puerto Vallarta, Noon~7pm (Gimme Back My Wig!)
10/21: Mazatlan, 9am~6pm (Day Of The Dead)
10/22: Bluesin’ At Sea (Carnival)
10/23: Bluesin’ At Sea (Casual/Pajama)
10/24: San Diego, 7am



The words in parenthesis are the dress-up themes for each day.  Personally, I don't like to dress -up...but many of the cruises do.  Either way, it's all good.  Good times for all.


This cruise will be featuring performances something like 70 performances over the course of 7 days.  Here's the list of who's on-board...literally.




The way it works having 70 performances is ...sometimes they will have 3 performances going at once.  Fun to walk from one to the next.  The shows that occur in the grand ballroom are taped, and will play on the TV in the cabin later.  If you miss a show in the ballroom, catch it on TV later.  Or if you made it to the show, watch for yourself on TV. 


If you've been on a LRBC before, then this blog is gonna be hard to read, I know.  There is a January Caribbean LRBC cruise, and of course this October Mexican cruise each year...it kills me when I can't be on both.  


If I'm not on the ship, everyday I think "where are they today? who's performing today? who's in my cabin?"  It's so hard not to be on every cruise.  No wonder they sell out so quickly.  


News Flash:  The October 17-24th 2010 cruise still has a few cabins left.  That almost never happens.  Damn recession anyhow.  If you've got a few bucks in your pocket....come aboard with us.  Sign up at www.bluescruise.com

Okay, enough day dreaming for today.  I'm pretty lucky....but I won't be for long if I don't get back to work here quick.

Til my next day dream blog!


Nancy Edwards
Blues Festival Guide
www.bluesfestivalguide.com

5 comments:

  1. hi rev,,,,my name is les copeland,,,i work with honeyboy and michael,,,,and,,,yes,,,i wish i was there,,,when you see honeyboy make sure he knows where the lifejackets are,,,he gets a little nervous on boats,,,and tell them i love them ! also,,,thank you for the very kind words you said when you reviewed my cd dont let the devil in a couple of months ago,,,means a lot to me,,,i wouldnt have no cd if not for honeyboy and michael,,,,double bon voyage les copeland

    ReplyDelete
  2. may the blues be with you way out on the sea y all know you"re travelling in good company so i"m praying today god , please hear my plea may the blues be with you way out on the sea

    ReplyDelete
  3. alright,,,,it is thursday october 21 2010,,,,where is a picture of honeyboy ? dont tell me he hasnt come out of his room yet ? tell you what,,,,i know honeyboys routine on the road,,,and in this case off the road,,,on the water ! do me a favor,,,,sneak up to his room,,,take him some good food,,,ask michael what honeyboy likes to eat,,,a beer,,,alittle bit oj jack maybe,,,,towards the evening of course,,,,say hi from les copeland,,,,and tell him my drummer stole my wife again,,,,then watch him chuckle,,,,now that he is feeling sociable and relaxed,,,,ask him for a picture that you can post,,,for les ! he will do it ! anyhow,,,all that aside,,,i wish i was there ! triple bon voyage los lonely boy copeland

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey nancy ! you any relation to david edwards ? just kiddin !all the best to you !

    ReplyDelete